USM Digital Humanities (USMDH) is an interdisciplinary initiative that extends the range and scope of scholarship, research, and creative activity at USM through innovative uses…
Theme: Information Technology and Multimodality: Writing and Designing Across the Curriculum.
- Become familiar with the Digital Humanities as knowledge domains and practices intersecting Information Technology, the Arts, and the Humanities.
- Understand multimodality and multiliteracies as rhetorical and design modes to generate and communicate knowledge and information.
- Assess and select from the array of digital tools available for humanities research and pedagogy.
- Gain reasonable fluency in using one or two digital tools.
- Integrate these tools into course assignments.
- Design assessment criteria for these assignments.
Meet Our Team
What happens if we turn the American university inside out or upside down?
Cathy N. Davidson
"The New Education"
Professor Jan Piribeck’s digital humanities work on climate change is showcased in Portland Monthly (Stir It Up: Social activism thrives in Maine’s fine art world).…